Glider kits can revitalize your fleet at an affordable price
But capacity is limited per year to take advantage of their benefits
New emissions regulations from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency are set to go into effect in 2018. This will restrict the number of gliders that can be made. Our production limit exceeds many other manufacturers. But when they’re gone, so is your chance at huge savings.
If you use or are considering using gliders in your fleet, here’s what you need to know:
- The maximum number of glider kits a production manufacturer can assemble will be capped to match their best production year between 2010 and 2014.
- Clarke Gliders’ production limit for 2019 will be 300 gliders equipped with a pre-EGR engine EPA spec 1998.
- There is no limit for gliders equipped with an engine “within its useful life,” defined as 435,000 miles or 10 years of age.
- There is no limit for gliders equipped with a 2010 EPA engine.
The EPA regulations change again beginning in 2018 through 2027:
- Annual production limits for pre-EGR engines will be either a manufacturer’s best production year between 2010 and 2014 or 300 units, whichever is less.
- Clarke Gliders’ annual production limit will be 300 units from 2018-2027.
- There is no limit for gliders equipped with an engine “within its useful life” or with a 2010 EPA engine.
Clarke Gliders is your one-stop shop for glider assemblies. Place your order, and we’ll build your glider spec-specific at one of our specialized shops in Greensboro, NC; Indianapolis, IN; and Wentzville, MO.
Contact Us Today to Learn More or Place Your Order
Order today while supplies last